Thursday 11 February 2010

Doggles


While I was out yesterday morning I saw something quite out of the ordinary.

I was in a taxi travelling across London and as the taxi stopped at some lights I happened to look to my left at a motorbike that had just pulled up beside us. I always feel a bit nervous at traffic lights, whether I'm driving or not. Anyway, I had to look twice just to believe what I was seeing, for on the back of the bike, tucked up in a rucksack, was a small (ish) brown dog.

Yes, a dog riding pillion!

He looked really relaxed and not at all frightened (I would have been!) he looked like it was an everyday thing for him. The thing was he looked really vulnerable, I mean his owner was wearing full leathers and a great big helmet to protect his head but the dog had nothing. Fine he looked happy, but what if they had an accident? Motorbikes are a risky mode of transport on the busy streets of London.

The lights changed and the bike sped off up the street and round the next corner, the dogs little ears flapping in the wind. And that was that. I forgot about it, until I got home later on and remembered the dog on the motorbike and I did what most people would probably do these days...

I Googled "Dog Helmets".

And yes you can get helmets for dogs. And here is proof:







Here is one being modeled:





Although I think he prefers four wheels rather than two.


And to keep the wind out of their delicate doggy eyes there are.....



Doggles!!!




I hope the dog from yesterday has many more exciting rides around the city, and that goes for his owner too wherever they may be.











No comments:

Post a Comment