Thursday 18 February 2010

iBlogging


I have just discovered I can post a blog from my iPhone.

So I am.

I have taken this week off of work to have a bit of a holiday. My husband Matt has been having some problems with his back and has had to take time off work to rest it, so he has been going bonkers stuck at home all day on his own. So, I thought I would have a week off to keep him company and have a bit of a rest myself, it's hard work looking after a man with backache!

I decided on Monday that I would start painting the boxroom, something I have been meaning to do but haven't got round to it. I was going to do a post about it with before and after pictures. This is it before I started:














This is it after:














I managed to get the ceiling done before lunchtime and was all ready to start on the walls soon after, only when I went to get our Dulux Paintpod out I found that the last time I decorated I threw out the roller attachment because it had been used so many times and wouldn't clean properly.

Ok, I could have just painted the walls with a normal roller and tray using the Paintpod paint, but the paint is made really runny to go through the machine so it would have been splashing all over the place. I decided to just do the cutting in and planned to go out the next day to get a new roller attachment, which I did.

The boxroom now looks like this:














Yes, I know. The same as before. I was right out of the decorating mood by the next day, not to mention the ache in all the muscles I didn't know I had and had not used since the last time I decorated a year ago, painting a ceiling should be used as an interogation technique for suspected criminals, I bet they would talk after less than half an hour! It makes your arms feel like you have been dragging a drunk elephant up a hill for a day and a half.

So, this is not the post it was supposed to be, but I will finish operation boxroom very soon.

And I am supposed to be on holiday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment